Ummmm, I'm sure this sort of thing gets asked a thousand times, and
I'm sorry for asking again, but...

Tonight, I will be replacing my current Win98 300-MHz machine with a
new WinXP 1.8GHz machine.  I'm currently running The Bat! 1.46c (yes,
its registered; no, I've never done an upgrade since registering).

I'd like to install the latest Bat! on the new WinXP box and somehow
transfer all of my folders, rules/filters, preferences, address books
etc. to it as painlessly as possible.

I'll have the hard drives from the old machine connected to the new
one long enough to do data transfers, but I don't plan to have both
machines running simultaneously.

Could some kind soul give me a step-by-step to do this?  How much is
possible without touching the registry?

Will it automatically register itself when I transfer the Email msg
containing my Bat! registration, or do I need to register manually? Do
I need to enter the registration code before moving all my folders
etc?

Also, what pitfalls should I be aware of?  I've been running ZoneAlarm
along with The Bat! on my Win98 machine without trouble, but I read
the new Bat! may be allergic to it?  Any help or advice would be
appreciated.  Thanks!

--
Reed Byers
[EMAIL PROTECTED]