Hello Reed!

On Thursday, March 28, 2002 at 4:51:48 PM you wrote:

> Also, what pitfalls should I be aware of?  I've been running ZoneAlarm
> along with The Bat! on my Win98 machine without trouble, but I read
> the new Bat! may be allergic to it?  Any help or advice would be
> appreciated.  Thanks!

Not step-by-step, just some pitfalls.

1. I think TB!'s message base format was changed somewhere around 1.46
to 1.49. It may be a good idea to first make that upgrade to not loose
any messages.

2. Somewhere during the 1.5x series a good backup/restore was added
especially for such tasks as yours. So another point to make an upgrade
before changing machines.

If you'd use the current build you may have a lot less trouble as when
you start out with your older version. I am quite sure someone who has
already done all this will come in to help you some more. Especially
about what to do to get the new message base format before doing
anything else.

--
Dierk Haasis
http://www.Write4U.de

PGP keys available: mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]?Subject=SendMyPGPkeys

The Bat 1.60 on Windows 95 4.0 1212 C

Assumptions are the mother of all screw ups. (Derek Leveret)