Hi Dierk,

Please see below. Thanks - this is resolved - at least for me

---------------------------------
Sunday, March 31, 2002, 6:06:00 AM, you wrote:

>> Any mailto link in IE seems to exhibit this behavior, but only on one
>> of my PCs which is running XP Pro. The WinXP machine is a server to
>> the other machines. Sometimes when this happens, I get a error message
>> staing that the default mail client is not installed properly. IE's
>> Tools|Internet Options|Programs shows "The Bat!" being registered as
>> the email client.

DH> First thing: Go to this setting, change it from TB! to another client.
DH> OK it. Again go there and change it back to TB!. now press OK and
DH> leave the settings. For good measure close IE. Now open IE and try a
DH> mailto link.

DH> This procedure can remedy problems between IE and non-MS mail clients.

The above procedure resolved my problem. Thanks!!!

DH> If not, the problem lies in the parsing of IE (with one of the Opera
DH> betas there was a similar problem; and sometimes URLs clicked in TB!
DH> were parsed into many different URLs opened in separate windows with
DH> Opera).

>> I am guessing that this probably has something to do with either WinXP
>> or something not right in the registry.

DH> If you use XP, your IE is 6.x, isn't it? Are you computer versed
DH> enough to go through your registry? Either with a suitable tool or by
DH> hand?

Yes - Have been programming for 24 years :)
I will compare what is now in registry with what was there before. If
I find any thing of interest - I will post here for anyone who cares.

Thanks again!!!