Hi Jon, hi list,

* Jon Lawrance (JL) writes:

JL> When I get an email, quite often I need to choose a reply from a
JL> possible list of 5 canned answers.

JL> I understand there are keyboard shortcuts where I can type a keyword
JL> and hit Alt+space or something like that. But when I have lots of
JL> different replies for each folder, it gets near impossible to remember
JL> what they are.

JL> Is there a way to do this

yes, there is.

JL> perhaps using another application

no, no ;)

JL> or is this a high priority feature that The Bat team should look
JL> at?

[...]

JL> Any suggestions?

Daniel had the idea in [1]. I found a much simpler way to get a "quick
menu" for quick templates:

Here is the quick template you should use for mails you have to
reply to in different ways using some canned answers:
%CLEAR
mail from: %OFromName <%OFromAddr>
       to: %oToName <%OToAddr>
  subject: %osubj
Standard reply template                               t_handle_s%cursor
<canned answer 1 description>                         t_handle_1
<canned answer 2 description>                           handle_2
<canned answer 3 description>                           handle_3
<canned answer 4 description>                            t_hdl_4
<canned answer 5 description>                     templ_handle_5
<canned answer 6 description>                          handle_06
<canned answer 7 description>                         t_handle_7
<...>                                                ...
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Every time you reply to a message you'll see information about sender,
receiver, subject and describtions and handles (= names) of all
relevant templates you might want to use.

Look at the %cursor macro. Assumed you created quick templates for all
your canned answers you just have to move your cursor down to the
wanted handle and finally press Ctrl+Space. This is really quick! (The
handles must be aligned on right of course)

This is even a better solution than selecting templates directly from
the menu (Utilities -> Insert quick template) because a) you can list
only the templates you want and b) you can order, arrange etc. them as
you like (with separators...).

A canned answer template could look line this (%CLEAR is important!):
%CLEAR%-Hello %AbOFromFirstName="%OFromFirstName",

* you wrote:

%QUOTES

No problem, [...]

--
Regards, Jon
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Maybe one could use such a quick menu as a folder template for some
to: in folder templates) and let the user choose between "reply to
list", "reply to author" etc.?

[1] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]">mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
--
Best regards, Carsten

The Bat! (v1.60c) Business
Windows 2000 5.0 (Build 2195) Service Pack 2, PGP 0xe2d25323