on Friday, April 5, 2002, 10:51:45 AM, Peter Meyns  wrote:

> Jon Lawrance wrote the following about "Multiple Standard replies -
> pick list":

JL>> The problem with using a handle is remembering it. I must have about
JL>> 30 templates I want to use on a regular basis and I just can't
JL>> remember them all.

> Here's what I would do: have a list of the quick templates on paper
> to quickly find the handle, type it in and hit ctrl + space. After
> all, your fingers are already on the keyboard when you edit a
> message...

How about keeping a quick template that is a DOUBLE-SPACED list of
your 30 quick templates.  That way you'll only have to remember one
handle, instead of 30. (It might be useful to make an extra entry at
the end of the list, that will be easy to find later, perhaps a string
of = signs.)  Then, when you want to include a listed template in a
message:

1. Type the list's handle, hit Ctrl+Space.

2. Find the handle of the template you really need and copy it.

3. Put the cursor at the end of the extra entry (remember the string
of = signs), and hit Enter twice.

4. Paste the handle you copied, hit Ctrl+Space.

5. Highlight and delete the list, and the extra space below the end of
the list.

Just a thought.

--

Daniel A. Grunberg       Kensington, Maryland, USA
homepage: www.nyx.net/~dgrunber/