Hello Jonathan Angliss,

Wednesday, May 15, 2002, 9:57:19 AM, in a galaxy far, far away, Jonathan wrote:

Jonathan Angliss> A  common one is "Undisclosed.Recipients@<server name>". I get about
7
Jonathan Angliss> of  those  a day. I'm guessing depending on the mail server if you
set
Jonathan Angliss> it to reject anything sent directly to the server name, it should
drop
Jonathan Angliss> those  mails.  After  all...  why would legitimate contacts be
sending
Jonathan Angliss> email  to  your  server name, instead of your domain name? I'd have
Jonathan Angliss> experiment with that one on my test network.

The "undisclosed.recipients" usually indicates a the message came
from a list of BCC's. This is still indicative of spammer
behavior however!

--
Warmest tropical wishes,
Spike

Get a PERMANENT 100MB capacity mailbox for ONLY
$29.95/year.  No more lost mail due to mailbox
capacity restrictions.  Access by POP3 or Webmail!
Earn a FREE mailbox with their referral program.
(HINT - You get $11.00 towards your mailbox for
each referral who signs up!)
Apply NOW at http://1110.runbox.com
Tired of getting every virus that comes along?
Get The Bat!  Virtually immune to virus attack.
Does not use the Windows Address Book!
http://www.ritlabs.com/the_bat/index.html