On 15 May 2002, 17:11, Peter Palmreuther wrote:

> There's no way to tell an MTA _in general_ to deliver mail to _all_ known
> local recipients.
~~~

In certain circumstances, this is possible -- but it requires the
(probably unknowing) co-operation of the postmaster.

For example, my MTA has a default group called "everyone" that
"contains" every mail account on the server. This is typically used to
broadcast admin messages. With default configuration, any mail
addressed to "everyone@..." will be delivered to every user with an
account on my mail server.

FWIW, I've restricted the "everyone" address and any messages from
outside my LAN that are addressed to "everyone@..." end up as an
exception report in the postmaster's mailbox. However, any messages to
"everyone@..." from inside my LAN are broadcast as the software
vendors intend.

HTH,

--