Thanks, guys! I thought I'd posted a message reporting my success when
I followed Marck and Bill's advice, but it didn't show up. So let me
just say that I deleted the address book I was using, re-exported my
addresses from Outlook into a comma-delimited file (first removing all
of the import/export fields except the few that I actually need),
re-imported the addresses into TB!, and voila -- now the program
closes politely when asked. Also, my hotkey combos (like Ctrl-Enter to
send a message) work again. I appreciate the assistance very much --
thanks to all who contributed to the solution.

Andrea in Kansas | [EMAIL PROTECTED]