Thanks, Marck. I migrated from Outlook, not OE, but the migration was
not what I would call smooth by any means. So far the only problem
I've connected with the address book import is that I can't seem to
edit any address book entry that I imported. That didn't seem like a
show-stopper to me. But if it's related to the failure to close down,
then maybe I should do something about it. The question is, what?

Re: the connection centre, I have seen no problems finding my hosts (I
only use two), and there isn't a visible connection timeout problem
taking place in the connection centre when I'm trying to close the
program. In fact, there is nothing visible at all, which makes this
persistent problem quite perplexing to me.

Andrea in Kansas | [EMAIL PROTECTED]