12 June 2002, 11:39, you wrote:

PC> help me out here Clive, I'm not sure I fully understand how you have
PC> AVG setup ( or is it NOD ?). I use AVG with TB, I have it set to check
PC> attachments and check incoming mail.

I use NOD and elect to store attachments separate from TB's messages.
If an infected message (with or without an attachment) comes in then
NOD's monitor triggers as the file(s) are being saved to disk in their
permanent location. I THINK that the POP3 monitor triggers an alert at
a slightly earlier stage - but I'm not sure.

All I know is that this is effective and results in a lower memory
overhead and slightly faster mail collection.

I've never been convinced that scanning outgoing mail is necessary if
the system is clean and incoming emails/disks are scanned - but I'm
sure that someone will tell me I'm wrong :).

--
Clive Taylor