Hello Greg,

On Thursday, July 18, 2002 at 10:52:06 PM you [GS] wrote (at least in
part):

GS> Is this one of those circumstances?

IMHO yes.
I'm subscribed to such a list too and this is the only folder I use a
template on that sets '%TO'.
As I _do know_ about this fact I take special care when I'm in this
folder and for me this 'having an eye open' is compensated luxury I
earn for not having to reset '%TO' to lists address.

GS> everything seems to be working except the "CC" address

First: if you copied the template completely it might just be you
forget the closing " when setting '%TO'

,-----= [  ] =-----
| %TO=""
|
| %TO="[EMAIL PROTECTED]
|                        ^^^
|
| %CC=""
`-----=

Nevertheless you can try this one:

%CC="%ToList"%-
%To=""%To="[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

This spares you the regular expression, which additionally can't work
in this form:

,-----= [  ] =-----
| %CC="%REGEXPTEXT="^From:\s\S.""
`-----=

1.) CC would be set to '%REGEXPTEXT=' as this is what's embraced by
    quotes. This macro will be expanded to nothing as there's no
    pattern set.
2.) The pattern has to be set by
    %SETPATTREGEXP
3.) You have to define what part of the result of regular expression
    you are interested in. I'm sure you're not interested in 'From:\s'
    part.
    Therefore the macro has to be:

    %SETPATTREGEXP='^From:\s*(\S+)'
4.) You have to define on what text you want to apply the regular
    expression:
    %REGEXPMATCH='%Headers'

    This would make up

    %CC="%SETPATTREGEXP='^From:\s*(\S+)'%REGEXPMATCH='%Headers'"

5.) You don't need to extract 'From' from original headers manually.
    It's already present in '%OFrom'. Therefore it's better to use

    %CC="%From"

Now you'd be done ... until you use (seldom, I know *G*) 'Reply to
all' in a mail in that folder. You template will discard all
additional recipients TB! already figured out for you.
Similar if somebody already set a 'Reply-To' address, which would be
_silently_ discarded too.
That's why I'd suggest my already mentioned solution of setting 'CC'
to '%ToList' and than set 'TO' to the lists address. This will result
in the intended 'TO', but keep eventually set addresses coming form
'Reply-To' or a 'Reply to all' function in 'CC'.

HTH Pit
--
Regards
Peter Palmreuther                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Software Independent: Won't work w/ any software