Hello Spike,

Wednesday, July 31, 2002, 11:45:44 AM, you wrote:

> Hello fellow Batters,

> I am experiencing a problem with a message folder file which
> contains over 2GB of mails (with attachments) which has become
> corrupted somehow.

IIRC, 2GB is the largest file that you can have on the current file
systems supported by Windows.

> I did the 'normal' thing when this happens
> which may have been a serious mistake.  I was able to see the
> messages, but the filter for the folder could not place any new
> messages in it.  I deleted the IDX file for the folder and tried
> to re-index the file.  No dice! I also can not see any of the
> messages previously listed in this folder anymore. :-(

This isn't really a problem with TB, but rather the underlying file
system itself. (Though I suppose it is possible that TB couldn't
handle it even if the file system allowed file greater than 2GB.) This
happens frequently with Xnews when people use it to download binaries.

> Any suggestions on how I can possibly recover the over 1.5GB of
> graphics attachments that I have not had time to extract and
> save?  This is over FOUR MONTHS (2023 messages) of posts to a
> mailing list.  I am running WIN2K SP2, and FAT32 file system, not
> NTFS, as I upgraded from WIN98SE.  I have had absolutely no
> errors like this since the upgrade.

Not sure, Depending on how TB stores the messages in the message base
you might be able to recover them by running the message base through
a program like uudecode or a similar program. Not certain that would
work, but it might be worth a try.

Jonathan Chattin                     mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]