Hello Jonathan,

> On Wednesday, July 31, 2002, Hexdump wrote...

>> Not sure, Depending on how TB stores the messages in the message
>> base you might be able to recover them by running the message base
>> through a program like uudecode or a similar program. Not certain
>> that would work, but it might be worth a try.

> Unless the original offender is SecureBat, the files are stored as
> plain text with a set of characters at the end of each email to act as
> a mail separator.

> - --
> Jonathan Angliss
> ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

Ok, I just tried this on my own message base. I used Fastcode32
(http://www.angelfire.com/ca/kent/frame.html) and it worked. (Of
course my message base isn't 2GB in size though...)

Another neat little trick is to change the extension of the
message.tbb file to ".uue". Now you can open it using WinZip. (I'd
recommend trying this method first as it is incredibly simple if it
works.)

Assuming that most of the message base is still intact and as (the
other) Jonathan pointed out, that he wasn't using SecureBat the OP
should be able to get at least some of his files out.

 Jonathan Chattin                  mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]