Hi Allie.

At 1:08 PM on Saturday, August 03, 2002 you [ACM] wrote the
following about [a real mystery]:

ACM> Only that I don't think your problem is TB! related and
ACM> only that TB! has suffered as a result of it. Sending
ACM> messages to Dell tech support is more the way to go.

  Yeah..... well, I'm waiting & waiting & waiting. I haven't
  called them because I find their first level tech support
  not as good recently. Someone from one of the Dell forums
  suggested Norton systemworks 2001 got him out of a similar
  problem. I don't have this program.

ACM> I don't know how old your Dell is but mine has a hard
ACM> disk diagnostic included in the BIOS. I hit CTRL+ALT+D
ACM> when the machine is just starting up and this will
ACM> start the HD diagnostics.

  I have an 8100 [1 yr old], didn't know it had HD diags in
  bios so I'll give that a try, too.

--
Jan Rifkinson
Ridgefield, CT USA