Hello Jan,

3. avgust 2002, 20:08:40, you wrote:

>   Can you suggest one that works with NTFS rather than
>   FAT32. I had considered Spinrite v5 only to discover that
>   it doesn't work w NTFS. I have a feeling that if I could
>   do this, this particular problem would be solved. Any more
>   of these & I would certainly consider changing HDs
>   quickly.

You should try to go to your disk manufacturer's website, and download
it's recovery tool. Each disk has a few spare sectors, which aren't
used by default, but can be mapped into usage, if your disk gets bad
sectors (and, because of that, the bad sectors are mapped into unused
space; this is better than just using a disk-checking tool to mark the
sectors as bad, as you'll be able to use the space those sectors would
occupy this way).

--
Jernej Simoncic, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www2.arnes.si/~sopjsimo/

[The Bat! v1.60d on Windows 2000 5.0.2195.Service Pack 3]

The inevitable result of improved communications between different
levels in a hierarchy is a vastly increased area of misunderstandi
       -- Law of Hierachical Communications