Hi Douglas.

At 3:18 PM on Saturday, August 03, 2002 you wrote the
following about [a real mystery]:

DH> Did you try rebooting the computer? Also, check your
DH> hard disk space in that partition. If you're low, that
DH> could do it. [/...]

  Thanks for replying to my post.

  Yes I did reboot my system. I have a 60g HD w a single
  partition so there's plenty of space -- approx 45g so that
  shouldn't be the problem.

  I checked the OnTrack site. I think my problem is not so
  much one of data recovery but a utility that works with
  NTFS [not FAT32] which I could use to block the few bad
  sectors I have & fix the one file link which is what I
  think is affecting TB!. But to the best of my knowledge, I
  haven't lost any data yet.

  This problem may require me to remove TB! completely &
  re-install it in a different location but I should have a
  better utility that MS chkdsk anyway. I want to block off
  those questionable sectors.

  I had one person tell me that they had a similar situation
  which was solved by Norton systemworks 2001 [not 2000, not
  2002 he said]. I've located a couple of pro versions of
  the program pretty cheap on ebay so I'm thinking about
  that but I'm not really a Norton fan.

  Also waiting for a Dell tech support reply.

  I'm game to try almost anything at this point except
  changing out my HD.

  Regards,

--
Jan Rifkinson