Sh'mae FJ,
On Sat, 10 Aug 2002, at 11:41:14 [GMT +0200] (10:41 where I live) you wrote:

FdB> Hello Marck,

FdB> Instead of using the dogma 'top quoting is always hideous', I judge a
FdB> message on its understandability. I find that, especially in longer
FdB> threads, in-line quoting leads to an abundance of subthreads inside
FdB> the messages. A top-quoted summary can help to seperate distractions
FdB> from the main topic and to refocus the discussion.

Without appearing to seem rude....

Read  what  Marck  was  saying,  it's  not  what  YOU  or I want, its what the
recipient wants - and in this case its the list.

Besides, if you top quote with a signature delimiter, the next reply snips all
the old post - losing all context whatsoever.

All a top quoted summary succeeds in doing is summed up as

A: Because the answer follows a question.
Q: Why not top post?

10 August 2002, 10:48
                                   [ Adam Rykala : [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]
                                   [ [new-wales] project : www.new-wales.net ]
                                   [ Public key :  [EMAIL PROTECTED] ]

You  do  not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive
twice.

All my emails are scanned with AntiVir's Antivirus Mail Gateway for Linux.