Hello Thomas,

Sunday, October 13, 2002, 11:54:22 AM, you wrote:

TF> Hello alists,

TF> On Sun, 13 Oct 2002 11:40:05 -0700 GMT (14/10/02, 01:40 +0700 GMT),
TF> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

TF> awc> [...] .. i'd like to have TB! installed on all the machines, and
TF> awc> be able to easily share my filters..... plus some are pretty
TF> awc> complicated to set up... and maintain..but if you're on 2
TF> awc> machines pretty regulary (like one client I'm trying to get off
TF> awc> OE and onto TB!)... it would really simplify things..

TF> If I understand you correctly, you have exactly the same
fitlering TF> system on all of these machines.

i would like them to have the same filters on all machines..
she's trying TB now.. i'm trying to fix the problem that she'll
have several machines that she'll be working on..... and keeping
the operations of TB in sync easily..

TF> The filters are stored as the account.srx files. While don't you send
TF> these to yourself after a filter update, and overwrite the existing
TF> file with the new one after you receive the message. (You need to
TF> close TB while overwriting.)

i understand this..  for me it's easy.. but try explaining that
to someone who runs a bead store..  i was just trying to think of
a way to make it easy to maintain.. and even could make it so
that all accounts could share.. i.e. when the msg is received by
the account.. it would load or add to the existing filters..

just an idea.. that obviously needs more thought... when I try to
tell people about all the capabilities, especially more
complicated filters.. they get excited but overwhelmed..

 alists                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]