Hi Scott,

On Sunday, October 13, 2002, 1:52 PM, you put forth, in part, about "Setting Global
Account Settings & sharing filters across computers":

awc>> as new junk mail comes in i'm always adding filters........

S> Every day?

S> Mostly  I  add whitelist filters maybe one a week, and even then, with
S> the  $KNOWN$  filter, that catches most of everything already. Most of
S> my new filters are for ill-behaved non-standard lists.

This is a lot of work.  There has been much going on for windows users
involving spamassassin, an excellent spam eater.. which was originally
designed for UNIX/Linux.  All of the work has been taken care of for you.

spamassassin  can be found here

http://spamassassin.taint.org/

and a pop3 proxy for windows involving spamassassin can be found here:

http://mcd.perlmonk.org/pop3proxy/

 Gary

 The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.