On 10/21/2002, Anne wrote:

> My feeling is that the high volume of traffic on TBUDL would be an
> excellent reason for having a message board as well. Even though I'm
> really keen to learn more about TB I am still struggling to keep up with
> the message flow - others may not be able to do so and drop off the list.
> A message board will give access on a different sort of level to those
> users who want it. Treat it rather as a drop-in centre rather than a
> full-time hang-out! ;-)

I like message boards because you have a more visual approach to the various
threads going on; I also like them because they remind me of the old BBS
forums. :-)

My copy of phpbb isn't doing much -- I could stick up a TB board and see
what happens. As far as moderation, by their very nature message boards are
rather more freewheeling than a more-ordered mailing list, instead being
much like newsgroups. In that spirit not much moderation would be needed
unless a flame war broke out.

--
Regards,
Don Zeigler

...I will meet you at the corner of Walk and Don't Walk.

www.donzeigler.com  |  This message brought to you by The Bat v1.61