Hello Britt!

On Monday, October 21, 2002 at 6:51:38 PM you wrote:

> Either you misunderstood my poor English, or I misunderstood you, but
> I was talking about this list, not The Bat!

No, no, I just used your message to jump in with my 2 (pick your
preferred currency's lowest unit). Nothing to do with your point.

> I know that most of our French users prefer to write and read in
> French.

To what I've heard it's only the establishment (particularly the
government and comedie Francaise - sorry, that should read Academie
...). French people seem to be much more sensible and intelligent.
Other than in Germany ...

> Okay, then repeat this (French) joke, and don't say they (soon we)
> don't have self irony:

> What do you call someone who knows three languages?

> ... a trilingual.

> What do you call someone who knows two languages?

> ... a bilingual.

> What do you call someone who knows one language?

> A Frenchman.

It isn't that bad; good joke often don't fair well by repeating.
Although ...

--
Dierk Haasis
http://www.Write4U.de

PGP keys available: mailto:Dierk.Haasis@;Write4U.de?Subject=SendMyPGPkeys

The Bat 1.62/Beta6 on Windows 95 4.0 1212 C

When people have problems using a design, it's not because they are
stupid. It's because the design is too difficult. (Jakob Nielsen)