Hello Mary,

On Tue, 22 Oct 2002 08:50:58 -0500 GMT (22/10/02, 20:50 +0700 GMT),
Mary Bull wrote:

> P.S. Any replies to this Post, please send to TBUDL List. I am temporarily
> back in Outlook Express and don't know how to set a From field for that in
> this Client. My sister sent me a 543,000+
> greeting card with all those moving images and music last night, and it
> crashed my system.

I am a little surprised, as I sometimes receive files by email that
are even bigger. Usually PowerPoint presentations, as my dear friends
don't understand the idea of FTP... Anyway, the size didn't make TB -
or your system for that matter - crash.

There was probably some bad HTML code in there, and this needs to be
analysed by Rit. Bad code can be rejected or whatever, but it mustn't
make TB crash. Due to the size of the file and the speed of my dial-up
connection, however, I cannot volunteer to even take a look at it or
help you forward it to Ritlabs. :-(

> The Bat! tried, but it froze with all kinds of warning sounds, and
> when I finally managed to Close the Client, I got a nice "Illegal
> Operation Message" from Windows. The first time I saw one of those 4
> years ago, I thought Microsoft was planning to cart me off to jail.
> <sigh>

I am sure they would like to do that <g>.

> So this morning I had a 93,000 size FWD of a newspaper article from
> her and decided to download it in OE--not to risk tearing up The
> Bat!

What format is that in? If it is a scanned article in TIF or PNG
format, there should be no problem.

> Marck, Leif, Allie--please excuse me for digressing at such length
> from the subject.

I think an email making your whole system crash when you use TB to
try and read it, is very much on-topic.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Salmon day: Swimming upstream all day to get screwed in the end.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.62/Beta7
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM