On Monday, October 28, 2002, Mark Wieder wrote in
<mid:17023324829.20021028145731@;ahsoftware.net>:

MW> Actually, I think it's exactly this thinking that led M$
MW> eventually to the executable attachments in Lookout. Folks
MW> brainstormed about more and more features they'd like to see in
MW> email messages and finally someone came up with the (in Harry
MW> Harrison's wonderful quote, waaay out of context here, "miracle of
MW> misguided engineering") that the email client should be able to
MW> launch applications automatically.

(I know I really oughta let this slide....) Do you really think, I
mean, inside your head do you really really think, that providing for
a limited set of universally used typographical conventions is the
same thing as providing for the automatic launching of an external
program??

--
JN