Hello Allie,

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002 06:00:50 -0500 GMT (19/11/02, 18:00 +0700 GMT),
Allie C Martin wrote:

TF>> What is bad about being a student?

> To me, it's all about privacy. People should have a right to their
> privacy unless there's a very good reason for compromising it.

Everybody can buy the "Personal" version, and this doesn't say
anything. Even students are entitled to buy it. If you want to pay
less, you will have to live with this (minor) privacy compromise.

> I'm not ashamed of my profession but I certainly wouldn't like the
> the X-Mailer header to be saying TB! vxxx (Medical). :)

Some lawyers use AbacusBat. If there were a version integrated into a
medical program and it would make sense for you to use that version, I
don't think you would consider MedicalBat a breach of privacy. If you
do, you can still use a TB version outside of that suite. There is
also a SecureBat out there.

> Wishing not to be misunderstood doesn't necessarily mean that what
> you're misunderstood as being or representing is something shameful
> or bad.

No, but you do have a choice here. It is either the price tag, special
functionality, or the distributor.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.62/Beta7
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM