Hello Lawrence,

On Tue, 31 Dec 2002 at 08:59:58[GMT -0600](which was 14:59 where I
live) you wrote:

> The aborted email download has been traced to enabling MailSafe in
> ZoneAlarm.  It is supposed to "protect your computer from incoming
> e-mail attachments that contain malicious code or viruses."   It is
> supposed to quarantine "these attachments, preventing them from
> running without your permission."

Hm, I've used ZA for a couple of years now and have never had that
problem with any mail however big or small, even though I have the
Mailsafe setting on.

I am fortunate in that my service provider (CIX here in the UK) runs
Brightmail which gets rid of all the really nasty stuff before I ever
see it which I realise is not any help in your situation :-(

Richard

Using The Bat! version 1.62 Beta/17
Windows 2000 (build 2195), version 5.0 Service Pack 3
and using the best browser: Opera