Hello Carsten,

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 18:12:56 +0100 GMT (18/01/03, 00:12 +0700 GMT),
Carsten Thönges wrote:

>> And anyway, independently of what you or I may wish, if Ritlabs is
>> smart enough and they want to keep in business, they should
>> include an HTML editor in a near future version.

They _are_ smart. Wait and see... ;-)

> NACK. If Ritlabs is smart enough and they want to keep in business,
> they should provide full IMAP support for professional business
> users or should improve (=debug) the not-so-bad client/server mode.

I don't see a contradiction. And the mnemo is NAK. ;-)

> Which group is Ritlabs targeting?

I am not familiar with their marketing plan, but I believe they are
going for both the power-user who won't use HTML in emails (but would
need IMAP, better SSL/TLS implementation etc) as well as the sizeable
group that moves away from OL/OE but still wants to use HTML in
emails. As long as the HTML-editor is optional, the additional "bloat"
is justifiable from a marketing point of view.

> Yes, but competitors don't sleep ;-)

That's why. ;-)

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

That money talks, I'll not deny. I heard it once. It said, "good-bye."

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.63 Beta/3
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM