On Wednesday, March 5, 2003, 9:20 PM, you wrote:

TF> One question to those people who said ion an earlier thread they don't
TF> use virus scanners but rely on "common sense": how do you tell whether
TF> a .doc file has a macro virus if you don't use a virus scanner? Do you
TF> open the file in hex editor and scan with your eyes? If so, I admire
TF> you if you can spot the code faster than a virus scanner. In fact, I
TF> think you could make a lot of money on TV shows like "Ripley's Believe
TF> it or not". ;-)

just lately I have gotten a virus in email, and AVG found a virus in my
system restore folder!! The email virus was obviously from someone who
had their addressbook hijacked, I didn't know the sender. It was one of
those cute" here is a new program, you are the first to try it"... As
for common sense, I  get emails from people I KNOW, that have
attachments, but I'd STILL never open them without AVG checking it!

--
 Paul
Using The Bat! v1.63 Beta/5 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600