Hello rick,

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 14:03:58 -0500 GMT (07/03/03, 02:03 +0700 GMT),
rick wrote:

TF>> IIRC Virus-Bulletin uses some really weird benchmarks, not not always
TF>> the latest version of the software they are testing.

> I don't understand what you mean with this statement. If I am correct
> virus bulletin uses the anti-virus product that EACH company submits
> on their own.

They say abot their own tests:

> A VB 100% award means that a product has passed our tests, no more
> and no less. The failure to attain a VB 100% award is not a
> declaration that a product cannot provide adequate protection in the
> real world if administered by a professional. We would urge any
> potential customer, when looking at the VB 100% record of any
> software, not simply to consider passes and fails, but to read the
> small print in the reviews.

Anyway, we had this disucssion about Virus-Bulletin some time ago, on
this list or on TBOT. Their test is somewhat "unusual" IIRC.

--

Cheers,
Thomas.

Hilf einem Freund in der Not und er wird sich an dich erinnern, wenn
er wieder in Not ist.

Message reply created with The Bat! 1.63 Beta/5
under Chinese Windows 98 4.10 Build 2222 A
using an AMD Athlon K7 1.2GHz, 128MB RAM