Hello Thomas,

On Tuesday, March 11, 2003 at 3:59:45 PM you [TF]wrote (at least in
part):

TF> In any case, I think the current version of not locking files at all
TF> is dangerous if two users write to it at the same time. Any
TF> application that is networkable should you file locks. This is true
TF> for message files as well as for address books.

That's right ... But The Bat! ain't "networkable" in a standard
"TCP/IP Workstation" installation. Wherefrom The Bat! should know you
share folder over network using _Windows file sharing_???
It don't. Therefore the (unsatisfying and to what I've read about it
not 100% working) The Bat! Server mode is implemented. This way it
knows about sharing and can handle concurrent accesses.
--
Regards
Peter Palmreuther

God is the tangential point between zero and infinity. -- Alfred Jarry