On Saturday, March 29, 2003, 2:37 PM, you wrote:

AM> Ok - I've double checked it now with no anti-virus running or
AM> firewalls or anything such, just the bat, and it hangs in the middle
AM> of either getting the number of message, or getting the first or
AM> second messages, for about 3 minutes every time. Nothing to do with
AM> anti-viruses zone alarm or any of these things. Plain old dial-up
AM> connection here, nothing fancy in my setup really. Checking mail on
AM> one account only.

AM> Any point in trying the beta version to see if it disappears ?

no, I would not try the beta if I was you, it has created its own set of
bugs:)
you might try disabling the automatic mail check, then try the Account
nenu-Dispatch mail on server-select All messages. This should show you
all the messages on the server, then maybe you can see the problem. At
least something to try:)

--
 Paul
Using The Bat! v1.63 Beta/5 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600