Hello Roelof,

On Tuesday, June 10, 2003, 12:15:24 AM, you wrote:

<LARGE SNIP>

RO> That's because entries can belong to multiple groups and all entries
RO> belong to the root. The way to prevent them from showing in the root
RO> is to change the properties of the group you've added them to.
RO> At those properties you've go to check 'Hide items if not explicitly
RO> selected'
RO> That ought to do the trick.

Thank you very much for your reply.

I  actually  knew  that an entry can belong to several groups - I have
such  entries  -  and the ones in question do not belong to any other
group (I have 15 groups with about 200 entries altogether anyway)

Actually,  all  of  the  address  groups (but this one - BC) have this
"Hide  items..."  option enabled (as in ticked) and none of them shows
its entries into "root".

And  yes  -  and  Thank You for your help! - this particular group did
_not_  have the "Hide..." option ticked, but why then, when this group
has  more  than  17  entries  _only_  these  two  show in root. Like I
mentioned  in  the  original mailing, there aren't any special options
for  these  two  entries  apart  from  names,  alias, gender and group
membership...

So yes, problem is solved, but why did only these two appear in root?

 SS
 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] in AB?