On Monday, July 28, 2003, Allie Martin wrote in
<mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

AM> Most spam filters offer a less obtrusive way of indicating that
AM> messages are in fact spam. One such way is to add header entries
AM> to the messages.

AM> You can then use a Kludge filter to pick up the added header.

Allie,

Good idea, but no can do:

My business e-mail goes into a primitive MUA that is a component of a
not-primitive practice management database. Out of paranoia, I have it
set to leave messages on the server, because the only options are keep
or delete. Then I use TB! for several purposes: it handles all my
non-business mail (which--unless and until I change things comes in to
the same e-mail address, as my business mail), and it also manages the
time period that my business mail is kept on the server. The problem
is that the business-related MUA can filter only by sender, recipient,
or subject.  So if I set SpamPal not to modify the subject line, then
my business app wouldn't be able to filter out the spam.

It seems like my only choices are to come up with a new business
e-mail address, which the spamsters may not detect and which would
allow me to modify how SpamPal operates, or simply live with the
munged subject line as the price of managing spam.  Unless you see
another option...?

--
JN