--> Friday, August 22, 2003, 5:52:21 PM, you wrote:

> Do they have any technical support that could give you a log of a
> failed download session?

I don't even know if it is failing. The Bat! does, and others have
experience the same. What should I do which does not involve any of my ISP's
next time this occurs to possibly at least isolate the problem to a specific ISP.

ISP, Internet Service Provider. Under this term I include the internet
service which grants me general access to the internet via digital cable and
modem as well as the internet services provided to me by school and
corporate sources as necessary, as well as those internet services provided
to me by the provider of my own website hosting. Just to clarify.

> Are you using IMAP or POP3? Standard port settings? Any SSL or
> authentication involved? Any AV software or firewall software in use
> locally?

POP3, standard port, no SSL, no AV, no firewall. Problem has occurred for
quite some time in many versions of 1.x. Problem has occurred for other
users I never knew of until today. Problem has occurred across many
reformats and on multiple machines.