On Sunday, September 7, 2003, 10:52:58 PM, danger h wrote:

dh> I think the issue I am objecting to is there is no clear policy
dh> stated and others have received free updates,

I think the policy's clear. Registered users of v1 will get a 50%
discount on the cost of v2, until the end of October. Very simple.

There have been some exceptions made for those who registered after
being informed (via the German website) that v2 would be available to
them free. That seems like a perfectly reasonable exception - a promise
was made, & Ritlabs are fulfilling that promise, even though they didn't
intend to make it in the first place.

--
Deborah