Michael Thompson wrote:
>   Is the string "this is a string" the same as "This Is a String" as
>   far as the filter is concerned?

Not sure about Selective download (see my troubles below), but in
general, any kind of filtering is usually case-sensitive - especially if
enclosed in quotes.  (and regex is case-sensitive)

I can't get Selective download to work.  I would greatly appreciate
anyone's help on this.  I'm starting to wonder if a 'regular' filter
that deleted items off the server would be a better option for me.

I have a list of e-mail addresses and domains that I'd like to Kill
(never download, delete from the server). In the Selective Download
folder of Sorting Office, I created a filter rule called SpamKill.

I have tried entering the list of addresses in the signal strings box,
as well as using a text file and checking 'load signal strings from a
file' - in both cases, each address/domain was listed on a new line, and
the Advanced tab options were: Action: Kill and Detection method: Any
strings match.

But I can't get this to work. According the help system, Selective
download signal strings do not allow the special syntax used by other
types of filters.

How are people getting Selective Download to work? Does each string need
to be in quotes or something? Should the signal strings be
comma-delimited? I feel like I'm missing something terribly obvious.

--
 Ken Green
 TheBat! v1.62r, Win2000 SP4