On Tuesday, September 30, 2003, Thomas Fernandez wrote in
<mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

>> for example, if i have 10 projects, i'll create 10 filters for
>> incoming mail. this is ok because i have to do that. but i need to
>> create another 10 outgoing filter. this looks a little unnecessary
>> because the mail is already filtered.

TF> What I do is the following: When I filter incoming mail on sender or
TF> subject, I check Presence in Kludges. Then I just c&p the filter into
TF> Outgoing and I'm done.

I do the same, but this always has seemed to me an unnecessary PITA.
The issue is not only creating the filter(s), but also maintaining
them.

It would be more sensible and I assume not too difficult to provide
two extra options when a user filters on a string in the headers:
filter outgoing and incoming the same way; or, as an alternative,
filter outgoing and read msgs the same way.

--
JN