Hi Andrew,

@3-Oct-2003, 15:58 Andrew Hodgson [AH] in
mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] said to Leif:

LG>> Again, not using a cut mark was something we've already tried.

AH>   ... I include the cutmark in the footer, so even  if  there is
AH>   no cut mark, then the footer gets trimmed anyway. It  seems to
AH>   work  with  TB, i.e,  I  have a proper cutmark in my messages,
AH>   followed  by the cutmark in the footer, both get trimmed off,
AH>   as TB trimms everything after the first (my personal) cutmark.

AH>   Is there a reason why this is not a good idea?

It doesn't work properly in TB by default. It only cuts the last
signature it finds. Also, only the final cut mark is also seen as
the real signature delimiter by the RTV, defeating TB's wonderful
signature display format features.

This is something that was tried and discarded.

--
Cheers -- .\\arck D Pearlstone -- List moderator
TB! v2.00.22 on Windows XP 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1