Hi Deborah

Saturday, October 4, 2003, 5:24:51 PM, you wrote:

DW> Marck has already explained why this does not work, earlier in this thread.

I didn't see that.

DW> Only text which falls below the last cut-mark inserted will be stripped,
DW> which means that if you have a cutmark, followed by a signature, followed by
DW> a listserv footer which also contains a cut-mark, the signature inserted by
DW> the sender will not be stripped.

Ah. Interesting..I didn't know that. I agree then, people should use a cut-mark.

DW> I really have trouble understanding why this is such an issue.

Not to me it isn't..I already use one as you'll see. I thought including it in
the listserv footer might help matters, but apparently it won't.

DW> It's so simple to insert a cutmark, it can even be automated using
DW> templates. I really don't understand why people are objecting to being asked
DW> to use a cutmark.

Some people don't feel that simply a name is a signature. And that asking them
to change just so that others can avoid having to delete that one word while
replying is asking too much. That's open to debate, but personally, if you
consider that your name is already in the sender field, including it in the
message body above the cutmark doesn't really add anything to your message.
Therefore it could be considered a signature even if it isn't included along
with anything else, and should be below the cutmark.

Cheers,

--
Vishal