On Saturday, October 4, 2003, 1:35:35 PM, Vishal wrote:

V> Perhaps you could include the cut mark as part of the listserv footer
V> then, instead of relying on users?

Marck has already explained why this does not work, earlier in this
thread. Only text which falls below the last cut-mark inserted will be
stripped, which means that if you have a cutmark, followed by a
signature, followed by a listserv footer which also contains a cut-mark,
the signature inserted by the sender will not be stripped.

I really have trouble understanding why this is such an issue. It's so
simple to insert a cutmark, it can even be automated using templates. I
really don't understand why people are objecting to being asked to use a
cutmark. Reasonable netiquette is, imo, the equivalent of saying please
& thank-you irl. It costs nothing & makes life easier & more pleasant
for everyone.

--
Deborah

"We hold these Truths to be self-evident..." which is a gracious,
Jeffersonian, way of saying, "Any idiot ought to be able to understand
this." - Former Congressman Bob McEwen