Allie Martin wrote:
> It currently doesn't work automatically on incoming Inbox messages.
> This is being worked on.

OK.  Manual is better than nothing, I suppose... :)

> Read and replied filters do work automatically though.

Not my experience.  But I could have done something wrong.  I will test
this some more.  How are you marking items as read?

I wouldn't mind making *ALL* filters (for my IMAP/non-mail accounts)
Read filters.  I set them up to work only when a message is UnParked AND
UnFlagged, so as I read mail (all in Inbox) messages get moved unless I
mark them.  <-- this is working fine in 1.62r, by the way.

kg>> Now, knowing what I know about the IMAP protocol (admittedly,
kg>> that's not much...) is this the way IMAP accounts are *supposed*
kg>> to be handled by TB?

> No. Autofiltering of newly added mail to the INBOX should be possible.

Well, like I said, I'll be happy if I can get autofiltering on READ
messages to work.

kg>> That is, if IMAP is for managing mail on the server, the local
kg>> filters don't make sense?

> They most definitely do. In fact, currently, anything you do with
> messages locally are reflected on the server when synchronising. So
> manual filtering, flagging, moving and copying of messages, all when
> done locally, is reflected server side during the sync process.

What about folders that are not on the server? Are they automatically
created during the sync process? What about folders set to NOT sync? It
looks like moving items to folders not set to sync marks the item for
deletion. I will double-check that behavior, but that is what I want -
if I move a message to a common folder for reference/archiving/etc.,
marking it for deletion on the server - only after the move - would be
great.

This would allow messages to download throughout the day to my desktop
and still allow access remotely - using Read or manual filters on the
desktop, messages wouldn't get moved until I read/processed them, so
they wouldn't be deleted.

Hope that makes sense.

kg>> Is there a way to download mail from an IMAP account and move it to a
kg>> local folder with a filter?  This seems like a reasonable request. ;)

> We'll have to patient where this is concerned.

Read filters and manual processing is good enough for me for now :)  I
can be patient if the read filters will work.  I have not installed any
betas yet (clean, fresh install of CE)... maybe that is why the read
filters didn't work?

> Currently, I use server side filters in addition to local read filters
> to filter my mail.

What do you mean by server side filters?  If you're talking about
server-side admin because you have full access to your mail server, then
never mind - I don't have that kind of access.

--
 Ken Green
 Using The Bat! v1.62r on Windows 2000 5.0 Build 2195 Service Pack 4