Hi,

I need to send in my laptop for repairs and have temporarily
moved my account over to my husband's desktop a few days
ago, in preparation.

The laptop will go tomorrow, and I've been trying to
synchronize the account on the desktop with the more up to
date messages on my laptop, but it doesn't appear to be
working.

(*does* synchronize work between two different versions of
TB and windows? Christmas edition/WinXP on the laptop, and
version 1.53d/Windows98SE on
the desktop. Husband likes the old version, and does not
wish to upgrade!)

None of the new messages from the laptop show up on the
desktop account, even though "something" appears to be
happening.

I did step one on the desktop, step two on the laptop, and
step three on the desktop (according to instructions I found
when doing an archive search.

Am I missing an important step, or am I going about it all
wrong?

Should I just copy the whole mail folder over to the desktop
once again. which would take a long time? :}

Susanne