Dear Susanne,

@18-Apr-2004, 17:35 -0700 (19-Apr 01:35 UK time) Susanne [S] in
mid:[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

S> (*does* synchronize work between two different versions of TB

No.

S> and windows?

Yes.

S> Christmas edition/WinXP on the laptop,

Which CE? There have been several over the years. If you mean one of
the 2.x releases then:

S> and version 1.53d/Windows98SE on the desktop. Husband likes the
S> old version, and does not wish to upgrade!)

This version is completely folder incompatible with v2. It's
probably forward incompatible with v1.6 too.

S> None of the new messages from the laptop show up on the desktop
S> account, even though "something" appears to be happening.

S> I did step one on the desktop, step two on the laptop, and step
S> three on the desktop (according to instructions I found when
S> doing an archive search.

S> Am I missing an important step, or am I going about it all wrong?

S> Should I just copy the whole mail folder over to the desktop once
S> again. which would take a long time? :}

.. and is just as unlikely to work if 1.53 cannot read the mailbase
from later versions. You'd have to manually export your more
important folders to Unix MBX format and import them on the desktop.

--
Cheers -- //.arck D Pearlstone -- List moderator
TB! v2.10.01 on Windows XP 5.1.2600 Service Pack 1