I have been evaluating TB for two weeks, and have found a show-stopper that will
prevent my using it.  I am using TB 2.11.02 on Windows XP Home.  I use ZoneAlarm Pro
5.0.590.043 as a firewall, use a LinkSys wireless router for the home network, and
connect to comcast.net through a cable modem.

TB checks for email every five minutes.  Every so often, as in 3-4 times per day, the
Connection Centre shows all bytes of all emails received, 1 second estimated time
left, and just stops.  The log shows all emails received, but TB never closes the
connection.  I can close Connection Centre, delete the task, abort all tasks, but next
time the Connection Centre opens, the same receive task shows with the same stats and
time remaining.  Apparently, TB is unable to stop the hung task.

If I could just kill it, the problem would not be so severe, but when I try to exit
TB, I get a popup telling me tasks are still active, and do I want to exit when they
finish.  Whether I click YES, NO or ABORT, the popup goes away, and TB does not exit.
I cannot start new processes, like the Task Manager.  If task manager is already open,
and I try to End Task on TB, the task manager hangs.  If I try to LogOff or shut down
Windows, I get the same popup as if I tried to exit TB.

The only solution I have found is the reset button.  I cannot afford to do that to my
system 3-4 times per day.

Does anyone have a solution for this?  Or do I need to try again to find a replacement
for Outlook Express?
--
Jim McMaster
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]