Hello Mary,

On 3 Sep 2004 at 10:57:06 -0500 GMT [17:57 CEST] you wrote:

MB> :grin: Okay. < > 4   * * 1

MB> But, Andre, I use *asterisks* to indicate emphasis,

I don't. And for exactly for that reason. If I need to show emphasis
which is seldom enough i use underscores.

I realize I'm not coming from where almost everyone else on these lists
is coming from. < > looks alien to me. Even though I see them here quite
often I'm still not used to it. I'm used to use * * in those cases. You
will find me write *g* occasingly but never <g>

I'm not sure why that is. I have a theory about mirc using asterics for
"actions" but I don't know. It's in irc where I learned these things.

If someday tb supports these symbols for bold, underlined etc text so be
it. I will grin boldly then.

I was teasing you when I refused to subscribe to one of your two
options, true enough. But there was still my honest opinion in there as
well.

MB> so that I don't shout with capitals.

But you should shout with capitals. That's what they're there for. Of
course, better not to shout at all.

MB> (Because one of the few lacks in the MicroEd and its accompanying
MB> View configurations, is a way to show bold or italic fonts for this
MB> kind of emphasis.)

tb! doesn't offer this at all for non html mail.

MB> Anyway, it's really nice to hear from you.

Nice of you to say that.

--
Cheers,                 The Bat! 2.12.00 on
 Andre                  Windows XP Service Pack 2

"Fliegen ist gar nicht so schwierig, wie man denkt. Man muß sich nur auf
den Boden schmeißen und vergessen aufzuschlagen."