Hi,

I thought it would be quite simple, but I haven't found any solution to my problem yet. I searched through the online help, knowledge base and FAQs and through this list's archive, and I just cannot believe that nobody has the same problem. Perhaps I just did not look at the right spot or for the right term. I hope someone on this list can help me.

I've been using TB for a very long time now, and apparently my different mail accounts managed by TB have grown rather large. I do backups every once in a while, so I'm not afraid of losing any data. The problem is, that startup and closing of TB takes several seconds and the message bases use up too much space on my hard drive.

What I'd like to do now:

 # select a timeframe (e.g. >1 year)
 # backup all these messages
 # delete the messages from the message base

The only method I have found so far, to delete old messages, is on a per-folder-basis. I have to select "keep in message base for (days)" in each folder and then do a purge (from the maintenance menu item). It would be really long winded to do that with about 130 folders.

Do you have any suggestions?

I used to think of Pine (or Horde Webmail), where the user is asked at the start of each month to automatically clean some folders. The problem is that I do not only want to delete these messages, but save them somewhere in order to access them later on. A big part of my life is saved in my email messages :)

It would be great to be able to search through the archives (=backups) at a later stage.

Thank you, Kariem

________________________________________________ Current version is 3.0.1.33 | 'Using TBUDL' information: http://www.silverstones.com/thebat/TBUDLInfo.html