Alexander S. Kunz said:
> Hello Steve Thomas & everyone else,
>
> on 11-Mai-2005 at 15:45 you (Steve Thomas) wrote:
>
>> Are there any desktop search tools that can search TB message files? I'm
>> thinking in terms of Google or Yahoo desktop search engines.
>
> Having TB messagebases indexed by Google desktop search would be ace.
> Seeing that a lot of plugins for Google desktop already exist (mp3 and
> whatnot), maybe someone can develop a TB plugin... :-)

I haven't tried this myself, but a plugin does apparently exist:

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/Google-Desktop-Developer/browse_thread/thread/cc25042dfb97be8d/9d75dd65ac40548a

-------- BEGIN QUOTE --------
Everybody, forget about that bugggy alpha, there was a bug with The
Bat! version detection.

Great News, I will not able to work on a plug-in for a month or maybe
two, I thought that I will improve plug-in quality with beta testing,
but my job said no. :) Well, today I did spent several hours in
searching for bugs and making release version. I've just finished
testing it, and didn't meet a bug. :) Now I'm absolutelly sure that
nobody will have problems with installation, and I even submited
plug-in to google.
There is a little lame documentation even inside.

http://www.vgirlos2.narod.ru/GoogleDesktopSearchTheBatInstaller.exe

Damn! I gotta find a better job. :)

If anybody does try it, I'd be interested to hear your results.

Regards
Elis