> I want to use TheBat! reading and sending my emails through an anonymous
> proxy server
> to hide my IP address. Is there anybody who has set up a similar environment?

  Sending by the way of a "non-traceable IP" is prone to blocked mail. Most
ISPs would
  probably think twice before accepting you to open and complete a session with
their
  mail servers if they can't see from where your mail is really coming. Be
aware of a
  number of "553 We do not relay" errors (Returned Mail) from the mail server
you will
  have to use.

> Note that is is not for sending massive spam mails...

  If you are sending by the way of some "similar environment", I would think
about it
  to be a service that is often abused to send "massive spam mails" that have
"non-
  traceable" and their IP-range might be listed as a spammer's haven... What
good is
  that?

> I want to be totally invisible and untraceable. If I'm browsing the web, I'm
> using a
> tunnel (proxy server 127.0.0.1:8080) that totally hides my identify (IP
> address) ...

  ...are you really sure you are invisible...

> ...that keeps no logs of what I'm doing, where I've been, etc.

  That's what you think? There are _always_ traces. Question is: Who is looking
for you?

  If you need an hidden IP because of fun or some personal privacy, then no-one
will
  propably bother (although you would likely get problems with mail servers
here and
  there, as I said). If you need a hidden IP to get rid of people because of
possible
  controversy connected to what you use the IP for, then either a Legal
Department of
  other means of services/persons will eventually be able to trace you.

  Gotta ask why someone seeing your IP is something to fear?

--
  St