Hello Dick,

On Sunday, May 22, 2005 at 4:50:58 PM Dick [DH] wrote:

DH> I want to use TheBat! reading and sending my emails through
DH> an anonymous proxy server to hide my IP address.

You'd need to know an "anonymous SMTP proxy" and an "anonymous POP3
proxy" which you could configure as your SMTP- and POP3-server.

Or, for SMTP only you might want to use "anonymous remailer" services,
so called "Mixmasters".

This kind of remailer-net won't, of course, work for POP3, but to be
honest: why would you want to hide your IP-address from POP3 server in
exchange for giving an absolute foreigner your POP3 username and
password (the proxy !will! get them, as you send them through the
proxy)?

To find anonymous remailers use your preferred search engine, some
URIs I've found (I don't know about the quality of the content) are:

<http://www.freehaven.net/links/related-comm.html>
<http://www.andrebacard.com/remail.html>
<http://mixmaster.sourceforge.net/>
<http://www.quicksilvermail.net/>
<http://anonymous.to/>
--
Regards
Peter Palmreuther

(The Bat! v3.5 on Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2)

Anal retentive people don't give a crap.