Hello Bob and Melissa & everyone else,

on 23-Nov-2005 at 21:39 you (Bob and Melissa) wrote:

> I am running Xp Media center sp2

So you could create two separate user accounts to log in to Windows. One
for your wife, with a fully configured OE, one for yourself, with TB.

> we share an outlook express account....

What I meant is, do the two of you have a SINGLE email address, or does
each of you have his own mail address?

Outlook Express is only a program to access your mail account. The actual
mail account is from your email provider. TB is another program.

IF you have a single email address that both of you share, things will be,
uhm, rather difficult. The POP3 protocol for email access downloads the
mails from your email account (on the server of your provider) to your
local computer.

Once they're downloaded from the server with one email program (either one,
OE or TB), they're not on the server anymore - and the other program can of
course not access them (unless it is configured to leave the messages on
the server, but I'd say "forget it", because its too unhandy to really work
with that every day when using two different email programs).

In the case that you only have one email address, a possible solution would
be an IMAP account, were the mails stay on the server "forever" and you
only read them at home with your email program of choice.

 Alexander (http://www.neurowerx.de - ICQ 238153981)

Mathematics may be defined as the subject in which we never know what
we are talking about, nor whether what we are saying is true. --
Bertrand Russell