Luca wrote:

>> The Windows editor, like most other editors for Windows, virtual
>> wraps as you edit, using the specified character limit in the
>> options.
>
> That means that TB's Windows-like editor is useless, plain and
> simple. If there is no way to send messages with correct line
> wrapping, one can't use it, and I can't see any point in putting it
> in.

One can use it, and it's interesting (to me) to see how these sorts of
"basic functionality" issues still bug people now, six years after I
first started using TB! ?!? Wow.  Ahh the memories of 1.39 and chatter
of integrating a Usenet client...  ;)

Myself, I still hate the way the editor works in many common cases but
chalk it up to, "hey at least it sends what it shows," unlike Outlook
which happily (and often incorrectly) reformats your message before
sending it.  IMHO Agent had a really nice text editor, unfortunately
they enhance the Usenet functionality and somehow utterly fail to put
the same features into the email side.  The biggest negative to
Agent's editor, which is solved by TB!'s untelligent way of handling
input, is simply that MicroEd doesn't wrap text if you don't add text
beyond end-of-line.  So I can get long lines easily, say if I want to
post source code that has 80-character lines.

<sigh>  The more things change...

-tom!